Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fish with Teriyaki Sauce




I told Mini to cook my daughter her lunch a few days ago. I had an appointment for my hair that day and I told her not to cook anything for me. But then I finished my appointment earlier than I thought. I decided to go home and see what I can have. Trinity (my daughter) had rice and fish with some sort of sauce in it. I wasn’t interested in her food because I was thinking of the ‘chicken macaroni salad’ that I made. As I was about to open the fridge Trinity said she had enough of her lunch. There is something about being a mother that told me I better eat her left over or else it will go to the bin. So there I go, grabbing her plate and started eating half of the fish and the left over rice. I enjoyed eating it and asked Mini what was in the sauce. She said it’s JUST teriyaki sauce. I asked her to cook the same dish today and I still enjoyed it.


YOU NEED:

3 tsp of teriyaki sauce
3 tsp of Maggi seasoning
1 tsp of corn flour (mix with 3 tsp of water)
1 cup of water
1 clove garlic
1 small sized onion
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 pcs of fish

WHAT YOU NEED:

1. Sprinkle fish with salt
2. Heat enough oil in the pan and fry the fish
3. Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in another pan
4. Sauté garlic and onion till wilted
5. Add water, teriyaki sauce and Maggi seasoning
6. Cover and boil for 3-5 minutes
7. Pour the mixture of corn flour to the sauce
8. Transfer cooked fish to the other pan where you are cooking the teriyaki sauce
9. Cover again and let it boil for another 3 minutes
10. Serve at once while hot.
NOTE:
I believe we all have different taste so always adjust your seasonings and other sauces.

2 comments:

EVE Lachot said...

This looks very delicious!!!
and this is the kind of fish i catch during summer months in Pensacola, Florida. very good also to make daing or tapa.

June said...

I want to know how to make tapa. Have you tried it Eve?