Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Grilled Pork Belly















A new friend of mine Anne was showing me photos of her cooking. One of those was “Chili crab” but then there was another dish at the back of the chili crab. I asked her what it was and she said its pan-fried pork belly, and it was so easy to cook. She told me how to marinate pork in 3 different ways. That afternoon I went to the mall and was thinking of an easy to cook dinner. According to Anne the dish was easy to cook so I decided to have them for dinner. Trying to remember the ingredients for it I decided to make 3 different choices of sauces. I decided to grill it instead of frying for health reason. The one with fish sauce was very salty, the one with oyster sauce had a taste I can’t describe and the third tasted simple yet tasty. That night I had a chat with her and I asked her again how it was marinated. Sad to say, there was a mismatch of the other ingredients. So here’s the soy based marinate that I like and tasted better than the 2 sauces.

TO DO:

Combine the following:

· pork belly (160 grams) (sliced according to your liking)
· soy sauce (just enough to cover the pork)
· garlic
· lime (half)
· Peppercorn



WHAT TO DO:

1. Marinate for 30 to 2 hours.
2. Heat the grilling pan
3. Put the pork in the pan
4. Remove from pan when it's ready and cooked.

NOTE: This serving is for 2 people.



No comments: