Monday, August 22, 2011

Wholemeal Banana Chocolate Muffin

My daughter brings either muffin, cookies or a finger bun for morning tea at school. I would normally buy them at  the supermarket but this time around I decided to bake them. Thanks to http://www.joyofbaking.com for a great recipe! Most of the ingredients below are the same except for the flour, I used wholemeal instead of white flour and I added 3/4 cup of brown sugar instead of 1 cup white sugar. This looks really good with the frosting but I didn't add any as I didn't like to use butter this time.

You need:

1 cup wholemeal flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 teaspoon vanilla

1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl.
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients together, stir just enough to combine everything. Do not stir too much.
4. Pour batter in the muffin cups. This makes for 12 muffins.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes in 180 degrees.
6. Do not overcook. Enjoy!

No comments: