Sunday, August 21, 2011

French Toast with Wholemeal Bread


A French toast for breakfast came to mind this morning when my daughter asked what we are going to have for brekky. She would normally eat Coco Pops every weekend but I wanted to cook her something nice. I unfortunately don't measure what I put in my food anymore. However I will try to give you the estimate of the ingredients.

I put the following together in the bowl. Please note that the cream and milk are both an estimate, I wasn't sure of the exact measurements. Just add more or less of it.

2 Eggs 
1/4 cup light cream
1/4 cup skim milk
a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
honey 
6 slices of wholemeal bread
butter

Beat 2 eggs in the bowl then stir in cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey. You may want to taste it to make sure you put in enough honey.

Heat pan and add butter. Dip one bread at a time in the mixture making sure bread is well coated. Please do not dip the bread into the mixture too long as it will be too soggy. Cook until brown and serve with your desired fruit, caster sugar and honey. You can also use maple syrup instead of honey. Hubby didn't have honey on his toast so it is up to you. Enjoy!

No comments: