Sunday, January 12, 2014

Healthier version of Champorado


Champorado is one of my favourite comfort food growing up. My late grandmother's version of it was just so delicious. Champorado or tsampurado is a sweet chocolate rice pudding in the Philippine cuisine according to Wikipedia. As I was browsing the net the other night I saw this dish and thought of cooking it. I want my kids to try it, though my first born did tried it once three years ago (sssshhh she didn't like it). Well… my son haven't tasted it so perhaps he will appreciate my healthier version of champorado. To my surprise my daughter didn't mind the taste ;) .

Here is my version of the recipe.

1 cup white glutinuos rice
6 cups distilled water
3 tablespoons cacao powder (not cocoa powder)
3/4 to 1 cup palm sugar (add more or less depending on your taste)


Cook rice in water. 
Add cacao powder and palm sugar. 
Serve warm and garnish it. I garnished mine with goji berries and organic sweet cacao nibs, or you can just eat it as is.

Enjoy!

No comments: