Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yummy Vermicelli















I feel like eating noodles tonight for dinner so I thought of the Vermicelli noodles I bought this morning. The packet of the vermicelli noodles I used is enough for 1 person. The noodles I cooked last Sunday were a hit to my 2 year old daughter and left me with vegetables and meat to eat. Today is the same though, my daughter ate most of the noodles and I was left with chicken and vegetables. Last Sunday I used bokchoy and marinated beef, today I used cabbage and the left over roast chicken we had yesterday. You can use your favorite veggies and as plenty or little as you like. I have to cut the broccoli and carrot into small pieces so my daughter can eat it as well.

YOU NEED:

100 grams (3.52oz) Vermicelli
Onion (half of the small onion)
1 clove of garlic
Half of a small size carrot (cut into small pieces)
Half of a small size cabbage
3 florets of broccoli (cut into small pieces)
1 cup bite size roast chicken
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp oyster sauce
¾ cup of water
Pepper





Adjustment:

I adjusted the taste with ¼ tsp of light soy sauce and ¼ tsp of oyster sauce



WHAT TO DO:




1. Put the noodles in a bowl of water. Leave it on for 3 minutes then drain the water. Set aside the noodles.
2. Sautee garlic and onion in olive oil over moderate heat, once translucent add the chicken.
3. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and pepper.
4. Once the chicken absorb the sauces add the water. Let it boil then quickly add the broccoli and carrot. Let is simmer for 2 minutes and add the cabbage.
5. Cook the rest of the veggies for another minute or two, quickly add the noodles stirring.
6. I added more soy sauce and oyster sauce to adjust the taste.

No comments: