Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lamb Shank cooked in a Slow Cooker


My husband asked me to cook lamb shank and I did. If you are more into sweet sauce just add honey or sugar. You may also want to cook 2 shanks for each person as 1 is not enough unless you are not into lamb. Please feel free to add anything from this recipe. We all have different taste and it is most enjoyable if you adjust the taste according to your liking.

I had:

3 Lamb shanks
olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 medium size onion
410 g crushed tomatoes in can
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 vegetable stock in cube
1 big carrot
1 stalk celery
1 small parnips
a handful of fresh parsley
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup water

What I did:

1. Brown lamb in a hot pan without oil. Set aside once brown.
2. Saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Add crushed tomato, worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, let it boil and add the stock and water.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and adjust taste according to your desired taste.
4. Transfer everything in a slow cooker and leave it cooking in a low heat until the meat just falls off the bone. My lamb was cooking from 10am to 3pm and it was heaven!

No comments: