Friday, July 13, 2007

Pumpkin and Broccoli Soup



When I was pregnant with my daughter I always like soup when I am not too hungry. My husband likes the Spinach Chicken soup in Cedela cafĂ© in Singapore and he would have that every Sunday. Sometimes he would buy any soup available 3x a week. This encouraged me to find a simple yet tasty soup recipe. I have a number of cook books so I started reading them. Here’s what I found:

What you need are:

2 cups pumpkin
4 florets of broccoli
1 small-sized onion
1 small head garlic
1 tbsp butter
1 ½ cup vegetable stock or chicken stock
½ tsp dried parsley leaves
½ tsp dried rosemary leaves
Pinch of pepper

What to do:

1. Heat butter in the pan.
2. Add garlic and onion
3. When onion is transparent add the pumpkin and broccoli
4. Add the vegetable stock, parsley and rosemary leaves
5. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft
6. Add pepper
7. Turn the fire off and puree the soup in the food processor according to your liking (you can have a chunky vegetables if you like)
8. Put it back to the pan and adjust the taste
9. Add more stock if it’s too thick
10. Serve with toast

No comments: