Friday, July 13, 2007

Tuna Rissoles



I am finally back! It took me ages to post this recipe because I was pretending to be busy hehehe… My Mum in-law taught me how to make my first tuna rissoles. It was simple and delicious. That was 6 years ago in Bali, Indonesia when she visited us, and our first bonding together hehe... Alright enough of the story, here is the recipe.

You need:


3 potatoes
185g can of Tuna in water
1 tsp onion powder
1tsp garlic powder
½ lemon juice
1 tbsp Worchester sauce
2 eggs
1 tsp dried Parsley
½ Vegetables stock cube
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
Canola/ Vegetable oil
Salt and Pepper

1. Boil potatoes
2. Mash potatoes and set aside
3. Mix eggs, stock cube and worchestire sauce
4. Drain the tuna
5. Combine mashed potatoes, tuna, onion powder, garlic powder, juice of ½ lemon, eggs, stock cube, worchester sauce, parsley, breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
6. Make into patties
7. Heat a reasonable amount of oil in the pan
8. Fry the patties until brown in a medium heat

A little advice: Make a tiny patty and fry in the pan before you start making big patties. Try the cooked tiny patty and add more seasoning or Worchester sauce to check if you are satisfied with the taste. I normally do more than one try before I could get the taste that I like.

No comments: