Thursday, October 11, 2007

Chicken with Quinoa pasta soup



I bought quinoa pasta a month ago. And finally I was able to do what I always wanted to do with it, a soup. This soup was made with just a 2 handfuls of pasta, chicken stock, 2 small pieces of chicken meat, carrot about an inch size, 4 tablespoons of milk and a teaspoon of onion. The last time I had this was 11 years ago so I was looking for a quinoa pasta soup recipe. I haven’t found the recipe yet but decided to try cooking it according to what I feel is right. And hey, my daughter loved it!

Quinoa pasta Pronunciation: KEEN-wah Notes: This is a high-protein pasta alternative for people with wheat allergies. It may contain corn flour as well. Substitutes: corn pasta OR kamut® pasta (Kamut® contains gluten, but it's tolerated by many people with gluten allergies.) OR spelt pasta (Spelt contains gluten, but it's tolerated by many people with gluten allergies.) OR rice pasta OR Asian rice noodles. ( http://www.foodsubs.com/Pasta.html )






















No comments: