Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Nilagang Baka


I was thinking of cooking tinolang manok for lunch but I thought I better do nilagang baka. We haven’t had red meat for 2 weeks now so this is just right. Since it’s only me and my daughter eating it I decided to cook just enough of it. I promise I will give the exact measurements of the ingredients next time. However these are the ingredients for nilaga, you can add different vegetables if you like. You can also use fish, chicken, pork or prawn if you don’t have beef. Adjust the water if you need more and adjust the taste with more fish sauce or more beef stock to acquire the taste you like. You can also add more vegetables if you like vegetables. I totally forgot to measure everything this morning because our tummy was already grumbling hehehe. I looked for some ingredients in the fridge and these are what I found.


YOU NEED:

Tenderloin beef cut into 6 chunk cubes
1 medium size onion
1 potato
1 sweet potato
Bokchoy
Water
Beef stock
Fish Sauce
Pepper

WHAT TO DO:


1. Boil enough water in a medium size pot.
2. Add beef and onion. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add sweet potato and potato. Stir well.
4. Add stock and pepper. Let it simmer for another 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
5. Stir well. Adjust the taste by adding fish sauce.
6. Add bokchoy and let it simmer for 1 minute.


No comments: