Saturday, January 16, 2010

Adobong Manok and Ginisang Togue



Hubby is not fond of Filipino dish so I l eventually learn how to cook most of his favourite food even if I only know how to fry my food when we got married. I only started learning how to cook my native dish 4 years ago in Singapore. I had a group of Filipino friends there who loves to cook! So they became my inspiration to learn more about my food.

For our lunch today (hubby is not here), we had adobong manok and ginisang togue. Adobong manok is also known as “chicken adobo” and adobo means vinegar marinade if I am not mistaken. This is cooked with garlic, whole peppercorns, bay leaf, vinegar, soy sauce and oil for frying. I unfortunately didn’t get the right measurements today to share, sorry. I kept adding soy sauce and vinegar as I go on and it tasted so great! My classmate in college who now lives in Texas told me she couldn’t get the right taste when she cooks her adodo. Reyma if you happen to read this, I recommend that you try adobong manok from Pinoy Cook   http://pinoycook.net/myras-chicken-adobo/ . This is so easy to follow, not our usual version of cooking adobo but I promise that you get the taste you are looking for.

Ginisang togue is a sautéed mung bean sprout cooked in oil, garlic, onion, togue, bukchoy, water, and soy sauce. There are different ways to cook it but I opted for simple ingredients (which I normally do ;) ).



2 comments:

paulnraye said...

ehehehe. yeah I can't get the right taste that I expect. I have tried a lot of times and I will try your suggestion. hehhe...Thanks a lot.

Reyma

June said...

You never go wrong, I tried that link a few times already ;) .

You are welcome!