Monday, January 18, 2010

Chicken Wings Sinigang



I am having mostly Filipino food these days since hubby is not here to eat it hehehe... I defrosted the chicken wings today and was thinking of deep fry chicken wings for dinner. As I checked the fridge I had some vegetables that need to be cooked or else it will go to waste as I am planning to experiment on some other recipes that I saw while browsing the internet 2 days ago. So I decided to cook sinigang instead made of left over vegetables.


I had:

1tsp cooking oil

1 onion (medium size)

1 big or 2 tomato (chunky cuts)

8 chicken wings

3 cups of water

1 chicken cube

3 big bunches of Bukchoy

1 eggplant (medium)

1 carrot (small)

Fish sauce

Lime juice



How:

1. Heat oil in the pot and sautéed onion and tomato.

2. Add chicken wings then pour the water adding the chicken cube. Cover the pot and let it boil for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken wings are almost cook.

3. Add carrot, fish sauce (little at a time) and lime juice. Let it simmer.

4. I only used lime juice to lessen the strong smell of fish sauce, although I admit it gives flavour as well. You need to keep adding fish sauce and lime juice until you get your desired taste.

5. Add eggplant and bukchoy. Cover for 3 minutes and the food is ready!




No comments: