Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Banana Cake


Yesterday I was in the supermarket and was tempted to buy a banana cake, I am glad I didn't. I prefer to bake my own when I have time and the energy so I know what's in my cake. Well today I was in the mood to cook! My husband likes spelt wholemeal flour for his breads and cakes if he can. This flour is produced by removing the firm outer husk then roller-milling the inner kernel of grain. The end product makes for an easy digestible food when baked. It retains a substantial proportion of wheat's nutrients and full dietary fibre and high in nutrition and has a nutty flavour. I also like to use honey instead of sugar and some organic stuff for my other ingredients. Below is the recipe that I have been following, I have substituted some of the ingredients according to our liking so please feel free to do the same.

1/2 cup Plain flour
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup mashed Banana or 2 medium size banana
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Sour Cream

Mix everything well and bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees). Bake for about 45 minutes or until it is cooked.

No comments: