Monday, December 13, 2010

Carbonara Pasta served with Scotch Egg


We had a bacon in the fridge for 4 days now. My husband wants to have bacon and egg for breakfast one morning and then that's it. I only realised he bought a kilo of bacon when I checked the fridge last night and we only cooked a few pieces of it. So then I thought of a carbonara pasta. I served it with scotch egg because I always want to try this one. Hubby and daughter loves it!

Once again, I didn't measure my ingredients but here's what I did.

CARBONARA PASTA
- I heated the pan with the olive oil and cooked 3 cloves of garlic and probably 150 to 200 grams of rindless bacon
- I whisked 2 egg yolks, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of thickened cream and added it in the pan for 3 minutes in low heat
- I added the cooked spaghetti pasta and combined everything
- Season with salt and pepper IF necessary
- Turn off the heat and add parmesan cheese. Toss everything again until well combined.

SIMPLE SCOTCH EGG
- Cover a boiled egg (without the shell of course) with a barbeque rissole. You can also use sausage minced.
-Spray with canola oil on top, cover with foil; and bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees) until brown

No comments: