Monday, December 13, 2010

Minced Beef Pie


We have been having chicken after my taste for chicken came back. To those of you who haven't read my last few entries, I stopped eating chicken during my first trimester of pregnancy. The taste of the chicken meat leaves a taste in my mouth and it makes me feel sick. So when we found out I can now enjoy a chicken dish, we have been having it everyday. There is a saying that says "too much of everything is not good" and it is quite true ;) . I decided to have meat for dinner yesterday and I thought of this personalised minced beef pie. My husband and daughter loves this very much!

These days though I don't bother measuring my ingredients and I go by whatever right taste I can get. But I can tell you what I did.

-I heated my pan and cooked the beef in the pan with olive oil until brown.
-I added 4 or 5 tablespoons of Napoletana Pasta sauce. I made sure though that it was just enough, not too dry. You can use other pasta sauce if you like.
-I also added Worchestire sauce, Soy sauce and salt (the pasta sauce I used wasn't very tasty). You only have to add the these sauces and seasoning if you are not satisfied with the pasta sauce you are using.
-Spray the muffin pans with canola oil.
- Cut the defrosted shortcrust pastry into 4 pieces and put it in the muffin pans. I only made 6 pies as I made sure I don't overcrowd my pastry in the pan.
- Get 3 teaspoons of minced beef and fill in the shortcrust pasty.
- Cut defrosted puff pastry just enough to cover the top of the pie.
- Prick 2 holes over the puff pastry and brush with egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees) until pastry is golden brown.
-Serve hot.

No comments: