Saturday, December 18, 2010

Coconut Macaroons


My sister gave me this recipe a few nights ago. I was in the mood to bake this one this afternoon and realised the recipe she gave me didn't have the exact measurement of the flour and butter. I was trying to reach her via yahoo messenger but she was obviously not online so I had to make my own version of macaroons hehehe.. The recipe my sister gave me makes 100 macaroons using the tiny muffin paper cups and I didn't want 100 macaroons. So I then made my own measurements. I had 2 cups of dessicated coconut, almost a cup of spelt wholewheat flour, 3 eggs, 1 cup of skim condensed milk, 1 teaspoonful of baking powder, more or less 100 grams of butter, a pinch of salt. I baked it until brown in a preheated oven (160 degrees).

Daughter and hubby love it! It's not too sweet and it is really nice to eat while hot and with a cup of tea! 

2 comments:

SilkySylvia said...

Hey June, ty for sharing the recipe. Gonna stir up the batter tonight. LOOK OUT EVERY ONE LOL

June said...

Let me know how it goes. Btw, you can use plain or cake flour ;) .