Friday, June 29, 2007

Chinese Beef Stir Fry




This is the first time we have tried the "MasterFoods Chinese Beef Stir Fry" sauce. It says to add 500g beef strips, 2tbsp soy sauce, 1 onion, 1 green capsicum and 1 carrot. I wanted more vegetables so I added our favorite vegetables like broccoli, celery and snow peas. I used red capsicum instead of green capsicum because we didn't have it.

I followed the instructions at the back of the packet it says:

1. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Add beef strips and onion, stir-fry for 5 minutes. (You don't have to follow the 5 minutes, cook it according to your liking.)

2. Add recipe base, capsicum, carrot and soy sauce. ( I added the rest of our favorite vegies as well. I only used 1 1/2 tbsp of Kikkoman soy sauce instead of 2 tbsp.)

3. Stir until all ingredients are coated, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until beef is cooked. (I added 1/2 cup of hot water to adjust the sauce.)

No comments: