Friday, June 29, 2007

Pancit



We call fried noodles "Pancit" in Tagalog. I love love love fried noodles. I always ask my Aunty Carmen to cook some for me everytime I go back to Manila, and when I have the chance to visit her. She is one of those I admire when it comes to cooking.

I didn't know how to cook Pancit until one time, I asked my helper Maribel to cook it so I can bring it to my very first meeting with FilUnited Members (www.filunited.com) for the Get Together Party (GTG) at East Coast Park in Singapore. It tasted great and my picky eater husband ate it as well. That time lead to another Pancit and I was the one who cooked Pancit for the first time on my daugther's 1st birthday. And then another Pancit was done again when my parent's came to Singapore for the second time. "It taste like a Singaporean Pancit huh?" was their comment. I guess I am already mixed up with different versions of Fried Noodles. But I still love our Filipino style fried noodles though.

No comments: